Monday, November 17, 2008

Northrend here we come!

Hey, it's me, Mal. I can't believe the zeppelins to Northrend are finally open! Mio and I jumped on them as soon as we could this past Wednesday night. I'm surprised they were open that late, but they must have been expecting the rush. I even snuck over there between classes on Thursday. And wow, Howling Fjord is beautiful! Borean Tundra is okay, but it doesn't stack up to Howling.

Late Thursday night, I got together with Mio, Leet, Aero, and a tank we found over the local wires, to check out the local Northrend dungeons. First, we went to Utgarde Keep to fight the dragonmasters. We fought a Romeo and Juliet couple similar to the couple in Kara (or so I hear - I never made it to Kara before leaving for Northrend!) where we had to fight one of them until he was halfway dead, then move on to the other, making sure we killed the two of them at the same time. We got them on the first try, and look at the awesome fist weapon I got from them! I was proud to sport it around Howling Fjord later.


We did fine through the rest of UK, then got our asses handed to us by their leader, Ingvar. It took only two shots for him to incapacitate me, then I watched in pain as my friends finally took him down. Then, much to our surprise, he returned! Only this time, he was a ghastly undead creature who cast a curse on my friends. Every time Leet tried to heal someone with the curse on them, he took more damage himself, until the whole group wiped. We anxiously asked around to see if we could find more information on this Ingvar guy before he killed us for good. With some more tricks up our sleeves and after several more tries, we finally took him down, but it wasn't easy!

After heading back to town to repair our badly damaged armor, we headed to the Nexus. The Nexus is a beautiful blue ice dungeon full of crystal trees and dragonkin. We had a real hard time against the powerful mage who split into three halfway through the fight, but the real challenge came when the big boss dragon broke out of his ice prison. The room where we fought him was so cold that if we stood still for even a few seconds, we started to drop. We didn't kill him right away (it did take a few tries), but we finally conquered him in the wee small hours of the morning.

I'm enjoying playing around in Borean Tundra, clearing out the undead spider invasion and other pests, and I'm hoping to spend some more time in Howling Fjord as well. It's a challenge to stay alive in some parts of this exciting new land, but I can do it! I've already replaced several pieces of gear, and it's nice to know that I'll be on a more even playing field with the people who were at my level for years. They may hate it, but I love it!

No comments: