Tuesday, October 7, 2008

When you have nothing to write about, write something random

Hey all, Mio once again. So I've been poking Mal with a pointy stick to post again but I think he's put on some thick padding and stop noticing. So I guess you're still stuck with just me for a while. So I've still been trying to get into a Kara run, I've almost made it twice on a LFG PUG but I get beat out everytime on sheer typing speed. As both times I've been in BG's and in the middle of being killed or killing things. So at this point it's something I'm only really gonna try for Kara on the weekends, during the week though I've decided to work on my healer alts (I have many alts), get rep with Org and the Mag'har (I want the mounts), and make LOTS of money through a combination of dailies and running instances. Also, out of the goodness of my heart, I've decided to help people out with their nessingwary quests in Nagrand. Ok, really I have an ultierior motive, skinables, SOOOOO many skinables. Hopefully by the time Wrath comes out I'll have my Leather Working maxxed out.

On with aightly more awesome news I was finally able to reach exalted with Org. Earlier today I realized that I was half way to exalted with Org and why not just go all the way? I figured it would be cool to have a pack of wolf riding mounts on random, and I play enough AV anyway it should be easy. So I decided to go for it. My thing with AV is I always strive to be the first out of the gate, first one to Bal and at the front of the offensive. This time though I was in it to farm rep, which means I had to stay close to the people where I would have to turn in the blood and scraps, this meant I had to play D /sigh. Anyway, i was part way through my first game when I realized that playing D was super easy and I didn't have to chase Allies, they would just throw themselves at us! Before long there was a pile of corpses at our feet, awesome. I realized a long time ago the best thing to collect for farming rep is blood, lots and lots of blood. A 5 pack of blood could get you 75 rep which was quite a bang for your buck PLUS you get the added bonus of possibly summoning the ice lord which is always awesome. Fortunately for me, the first game that I played was a long one where we won by playing defense, I was able to get about 3,000 rep out of that game! The second game after that we won on O and I got about 1,000 off of that game.

After those games I realized another way I heard of for getting rep, and that's to go back to the factions starting zone and do the lowbie quests. Sounds good to me, I'm level 70 and the highest thing I'd have to kill is level 10, I can one shot everything! I'm in. I make my way over to Durotar and do a couple into quests each one took about 5 minutes and got me anywhere from 150-500 rep with both the Darkspear trolls AND Org. Awesome bonus but I had to run around too much for my liking. Back to AV!! I love AV. At this point I'm about 1,500 rep away from exalted, come on, I can do that if I have about 20 minutes. So I went and started playing some hardcore D, usually I'm lazy and and let the Allies come to me but this time I went and hunted them down. It looked like it was going to be an O winning game wether it was them or us and I wanted the rep. I mean I had class to leave for in 30 minutes. About 10 minutes I was 3/4 of the way in and I was looking good but all of a sudden we were swamped by Allies and with 10 of us on D and I didn't know if we were gonna make it or is the people to turn the stuff into were gonna be killed, I start killing everything in sight, pet, gnomes, nelfs, bunnies, if it moved I killed it. We were able to beat them back to frost wolf graveyard and a bit beyond. At this point I looted every body I could find and ran back to the primalist to turn in all the blood I had and DING! Exalted baby!! I spent the rest of the the game on a high. We lost, but that's beside the point. I ran out and got a swift brown wolf to add to my pack. Up next, the trolls and Raptors!

No comments: