Sunday, October 5, 2008

FIrst trip to the Terrace

Hey everyone, Mio once again with my faithful cat Kainda, here to relate tail of our first trip into Magister's Terrace. So I love running instances, this is the last one that I hadn't done and I had the daily from a day or two ago and figured why not? Let's knock this last one out. So over trade chat I found someone who was looking for DPS and I sent them a message right away and was able to secure a spot for myself. It's the weekend so I wasn't busy,I was freshly repaired and was able to grab a few more arrows and empty out my bags in only a couple minutes. I then headed right over to the Isle of Quel'Danas ready for a fight. I wasn't sure quite what to expect so I grabbed a quick pamphlet on the guys in there, stuffed it in my bag and joined up with the group. Everything went fairly well except I was with a paly tank that needed pretty secure crowd control and I wasn't used to that. He's a paly for Elune's sake, I'm used to never having to cc unless something runs off towards the healer. Anyway, that's beside the point. We got to Selin Fireheart pretty easy, but it was hard to fight his goons in the crowded hallways. The fight with Selin himself was easy because I remember hearing he was kinda like Warlord Kalisomething in The Steamvault, and you need to destroy the crystals and fast when he try to get energy.

After Selin dropped like a sack of potatoes, we started making our way to this ghostie seeming dude that was supposed to be at the end of the next hall. All though he was surrounded by these pesky swarms of mana worms. Fortunately an explosive trap and a volley round was able to take care of them. And all the time we were fighting our way towards the end of the hall Vexallus just stood their, staring at us. I guess he didn't think we'd actually make it that far. Right after we started fighting he starts sending out electricity which fries us all in a manner of seconds and this time we're the ones that drop like a sack of potatoes. Once we get our bodies back I remember that pamphlet that I crammed in my bag and pull it out looking for an information I can on that ghostie. Turns out you get hit by the lightning if you stand too close together, ok, simple enough. Told my team mates about this and we stood further apart, guess what, it worked! Took a little effort and I almost died again but we made it.

At this point we start to make our way to the Priestess, we skip what we can and we fall apart at some points. The actual fight with the Priestess herself was fairly difficult, that tank died but he was battled rezzed. It seemed to me that the Priestess' goons had nothing better to do but pick on a random person and smack em around. We barely made it out of that one because the other hunter and I were setting traps and then others were breaking them and it was general mayhem. We took a minute to recuperate and started heading towards Kael'thas Sunstrider. I don't know about you guys, but the thought of trying to take down Kael after hearing so many things about him made me nervous and excited all at once. I took one last look at my trusty pamphlet, learned about the phoenix's and the anti gravity took a deep breath and headed in.

We start fighting and it's hard, I mean really hard, all of us died that first time, and one of the guys wanted to leave but we convinced him to give it one more try. We're able to get him down below half before most of us die, we're talking about calling it quits and then I realize, wait, the healer is still alive! I tell the guys to stop talking, and to rez and run, the healer is still up we may be able to do it! I start running back all ghostie like and once I cross the threshold of the terrace and end up immediately at the fight with Kael. I get flung into the air and start floating around, firing when I can and swimming away from bubbles, I die again but the others pop in and out doing some damage and then dying. I run in one more time, Kainda has been dead and REALLY upset for a long and I'm just about to die again, the healer is OOM and then dies, I'm sure we're done for, then, it happens. Kael goes down! I had less then 100 health, no mana and that sucker goes down after being super melodramatic. For all that work I get myself a shiny new axe for PvP and this awesome story, but Elune save me I NEVER want to PUG that elf again. I really just need to wait for Syeira and Lashmin to hit 70.

No comments: