Thursday, October 16, 2008

On your mark, get set, GO!

Hello once again, it's Mio. Man I've been posting a lot lately huh? Well there's a lot to post about with the new patch. Anyway, I has an RL lady type friend who loves to play WoW as well (Yes, there are plenty of real women that play WoW, I have met some and heard others on Vent). She has two 70's and four or five 60's, she's a little crazy like that but it makes her super cool to me. Anyway, we were talking and I mention my 22 minute Blood Furnace run yesterday. She then tells me about running Ramps in 15 minutes!!! She also tells me that her group is WAY over geared and I think she said they were 70's but I may be mistaken. So, since I am a competive bull and all bulls love a good run I wanted to try to beat that time. So I whisper to Leet to see if he wants to do another speed run and try to beat my friends time, of course he's up for it but is with a group in Blood Furnace and will let me know when he's done.

I spend the time doing random quest for the Mag'har, helping people with their Nessingwary quests (They let me have the skinnables YAY SKINNABLES!) when Leet whispers me that he's ready. I have Kimoni with me, I had just recently repaired so I was set and had him summon me. Now, something he told me that I didn't know is that there is a new stopwatch everyone gets, so I start it up and we start killing things at a dead run. Now you should know that I was with Leet at 63 a 65 lock from the other day as well and a 60 and I think another 63, and they wanted the runs for the gear. We didn't start up to par with my friends group so Leet and I decided that breaking 20 would be amazing but we're gonna try for 15 anyway. We're going through and it's obvious we aren't gonna make 15 minutes but 20 is still doable. Kimoni is tanking like a proud and I'm so proud of my new boy /tear and he's pretty much the tank of the group even tough we have a Felgaurd and a ret paladin with a shield. We finish the run at 19 minutes 20 seconds YES!!

The group wants to do another run and I LOVE these speed runs so I'm up for it. The second run goes a bit slower, I dn't know why, but we finish at a respectable 20 minutes 43 seconds. I'm still happy with these times cause this group had some really low level guys and the best part is is that there wasn't a single death, which is a MAJOR accomplishment. I will be doing more of these speed runs as they are sooo much fun, but I will be taking Cerberus on some of these as well as he needs some action. I'm STILL gonna try to break that 15 minute time though.

No comments: