Monday, October 27, 2008

All Hail Hallow's End!


Hi there, Mal here. I killed the Headless Horseman for the very first time last night, and look what I took from him! My first time and I get to take his horse! Amazing! Somehow he came back to life two more times, and we killed him two more times. I also got to take his ring, but I can't use it for two more levels. But hey, I'm more than satisfied with this gorgeous steed. I never get cool stuff like this! I've gotta say, Mio wants to kill me for getting it, but he'll get over it eventually.

Hallow's End has been half fun, and half a pain in my orc butt. Those zombies running all over the cities of Azeroth have been driving me nuts! I go to withdraw some important stuff from the bank or dump out the contents of my bags, and the bankers are dead. I go to auction off some useless green stuff, and the auctioneers are dead. I sit down outside the inn and stop paying attention for a minute, and I'm dead! What a waste of time.

But, there have been some fun highlights.

I finally got a studly new haircut. That double-ponytail thing I had going with my hair and my beard was just not working for me. At least they finally put a barber in Org so I could take the pumpkin off my head and look presentable for once.


I saw my first Devilsaur pet in the Scryers' Bank. You can barely see my ghostly little self down there in front of its right foot. I had gotten eaten by zombies and didn't want to come back to life while they were still taking over Shattrath City, so I was running around as a ghost. The Devilsaur is taller than the chandelier in the bank!





On our way through Underbog, our friend Lashmin died. *tear* Don't worry, the pretty priest Sybol brought him back to life... but in the meantime, there was a silver lining. The way Lash fell, it looked like he died choking on a fish! I don't know why I find this so funny, but I do.





Some kid at the refugee caravan out in Terokkar Forest gave me a remote-controlled Steam Tonk. Woot fun new toy! Who wants to race me??










And now for one last Hallow's End picture...for today, at least. I got transformed into a leper gnome (which meant Mio wouldn't even acknowledge me until I changed back!) and someone put a pumpkin on my head because they didn't like my new haircut. I didn't let that phase me, and played some good defense in Eye of the Storm. Standing here in stealth, I was one bad-ass little punkinhead!

No comments: