Saturday, September 20, 2008

Brewfest is here!

All hail Brewfest! This has to be the BEST in game event of the year. Well, I haven't been playing for a full year yet, but I've been looking forward to this since I started playing many months ago. There is one thing I am very sad about though, and that's the mount, the Brewfest Rams. Now, when I first started playing I started two characters, Mio and an unnamed Dwarf that I use for cat smuggling, the whole reason I chose the dwarf (besides comparing Horde and Alliance) is because I loved the ram mount. After the first 15 levels I realized I hated playing alliance and switched entirely to Horde. While it was good for my mental health not being surrounded by underage twerp calling me a Noob because how dare I not know the answer to everything and getting called a fag. Now I know that's not everyone's experience, but it's been mine each time I gave alliance another try. But the one thing I was really sad about giving up was the Ram mount which has to be my favorite racial mount in the game. You can only imagine my joy at finding out that Brewfest had Ram mounts that you could purchase. Yeah they take 600 tickets but I was willing to put in the work for one.

Flash forward to the present, Brewfest is here! And I am Rarin' to go and plow through to get 600 tickets to get my mount. Except wait..they're giving out tokens instead of tickets....ok that's cool a minor change, but wait, where are the mounts? I'm looking through the vendor and I don't see a ram!!! At this point I'm just pissed, I want that mount! Ok ok ok, at least there is the new quest for 70's taking on a boss in BRD and when you defeat him the boss just might drop /groan. Ok so on the off chance that the mount MIGHT drop I have to roll 5 other people for it? And their are 2 mounts that might drop and I only want the ram! All I have to say is thank Elune or whoever there is to thank, that Brewfest is so long and I may get up to 5 chances a day to get it for the entirety of Brewfest. Oh well....at least I got my awesome little Wolpertinger to follow me around and that's good for now.

No comments: