Monday, December 15, 2008

Questing, no healers, failed groups, and sissy fights

Hi there, Mal here. I've been questing my rogue butt off lately, getting to know Dragonblight way too well. I do enjoy questing, but it gets boring to do it by myself so I usually look for people to group with for the local instances. Problem is, every time I finally get a group of four of us together, we can't find a healer anywhere. They simply don't exist anymore! Has every single healer over level 70 re-spec'ed to DPS? That's my theory, at least.

I decided to do something about this theory. I called on Arat, a Tauren Druid friend of mine, and told her that she needs to stop sitting on her level 17 butt and get out there more! Druids can make mighty fine healers when given the chance, and she'd be a hot commodity if she could get up to a high enough level to be useful. We'll see if she comes through.

I finally got a group together for Azjol-Nerub, that nasty spider kingdom underneath Dragonblight. It gives me the shivers just to think of all those spiders scuttling around right below my sexy leather boots. Anyway, we went down into the hole and and wiped on the first boss! So we tried again, and wiped again. Take three!...and another wipe. What was going on? Let's just say we had no idea. Finally, the tank and a DPS quit. We found replacements for them, and were about to tackle the first boss again, when I noticed I had been dropped from the group! Next thing I knew, a voice was telling me that I had 20 seconds to escape from the instance before I was teleported to Dalaran. I asked the tank what was going on, and after several minutes he responded by saying that he only does guild runs. I believe the exact wording he used was "Just say no to PUGs." Then don't join them in the first place, I say! What an idiot. He wouldn't even apologize for flaking on me and the other group members. I partied up with one of the others who got dropped, and we found some other people to run Old Kingdom with us instead. But man, that made me mad.

On the positive side of things, I met another rogue who gave me some great pointers. Since I have yet to find any good rogue websites out there, I've had to make my own way all this time and try to figure out how to use my moves in the best way possible. When this new rogue buddy thought I was ready to try out the things he had shown me, we stripped down and had a sissy fight out in front of Orgrimmar. Just check out our pictures to see proof of why I don't care how good of a rogue you are, Orcs are so much sexier than Undead! We turned some heads, but it sure was fun to get down to basics and have a fair fight with my big orc fists. My new friend was a good teacher, and I was so happy to learn some new strategies. Oh yeah, and I had some fun dancing naked in front of Org, too.

No comments: